Virtual Physiotherapy Appointments
There are times when timely access to in clinic rehabilitation services is limited or unavailable. Family Physiotherapy offers online services for any individual who cannot attend in-person assessment or treatment.
Virtual sessions eliminate the physical barrier of distance and come to you via a screen with the same intent to help you achieve your health and fitness goals.
How do Virtual Sessions work?
- It’s as easy as using Facetime, Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp
- Your physiotherapist will provide you with a link by email or by phone for the secure platform used for the session
- In order to participate in the session, you will require an Internet connection, a device with a camera capable of receiving video and audio (laptop, tablet, computer or smart phone)
Who is an appropriate patient for Virtual Physiotherapy?
- Anyone with acute or non acute pain
- Anyone that wants to take control of their symptoms
- New moms who are too busy and overwhelmed to come to in person appointments, but would rather receive help from the comfort of their home
- Busy professionals
- When travel to our clinic isn’t practical
- Anyone who lives remotely within the province and doesn’t have access to rehabilitation care they need within a tangible distance
Our physiotherapists will advise you if there’s ever a point in your treatment when in person care is more optimal for you. However, research shows that virtual physiotherapy can successfully treat many conditions with the same success rate as in person sessions.
What services does Family Physiotherapy provide Virtually?
- Pelvic Physiotherapy
- Exercise Education and Program creation
- Pre-Op/Post-Op rehabilitation for hips and knees
- Concussion Rehab
- Naturopathic Medicine